On the eve of the next episode of Friday Night SmackDown, it was reported that Roman Reigns will miss WrestleMania 36 due to health concerns revolving around the coronavirus.
While the WWE has declined to comment on the report, tonight’s episode of Friday Night SmackDown will likely address the change and who will take on Goldberg for the Universal Championship at WrestleMania.
There’s just two more SmackDown before the “Showcase of the Immortals” so any last-minute changes or match additions to the card will likely come tonight.
So far, the matches on the SmackDown side include the SmackDown Tag Team Championship match between Miz and John Morrison and the winner of tonight’s bout between The Usos and The New Day.
Miz and Morrison were able to defeat both The New Day and The Usos at the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view, but will their luck run out at WrestleMania?
“The Fiend” Bray Wyatt will look to get revenge against John Cena for his loss at WrestleMania 30 and the build continues tonight with a new episode of the Firefly Fun House. What will Wyatt have to say to Cena less than two weeks before their fated clash at WrestleMania?
Alexa Bliss has been looking for Asuka for weeks so she and Nikki Cross can challenge The Kabuki Warriors for the Women’s Tag Team Championships. The two will clash one-on-one tonight.
Drew Gulak will take on Shinsuke Nakamura and if the former Cruiserweight Champion wins, Daniel Bryan will get an Intercontinental Championship opportunity against Sami Zayn at WrestleMania.
A lot is expected to go down tonight and here’s everything that happened on the March 27 episode of Friday Night SmackDown.
WWE FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN RESULTS
- Bayley and Sasha Banks come and say that WrestleMania is where the best performers go to prove themselves, but Paige ruined it for Bayley. She says that Paige is jealous of her success this year. She says that Paige is trying to be slick by putting Sasha Banks in the match
- Bayley says that it’s going to backfire on Paige because Sasha will help her retain her title. Banks is about to respond when Lacey Evans interrupts
- Lacey says that Bayley’s mouth is too big, but at WrestleMania
- Naomi interrupts and says she’s with Lacey. She calls Bayley for what she did at Super Showdown and she will glow brightest at WrestleMania.
- Bayley says this isn’t going to be the part where everyone shows up to say their peace. Of course, Tamina interrupts and gets in the ring. Tamina says actions speak louder than words before she headbutts Naomi and superkicks Lacey. Sasha and Bayley start to beat down Naomi before they turn around to see Tamina looking at them and they roll out in fear.
Drew Gulak (with Daniel Bryan) vs Shinsuke Nakamura (with Sami Zayn and Cesaro)
- Sami is on commentary
- Gulak pins Shinsuke after avoiding a Kinchasa and doing a jack knife roll up
- The finish was set up when Daniel Bryan pulled Gulak out of the way when the referee wasn’t looking
- A recap of the Otis and Dolph segment from last week, Ziggler is seen talking about Otis on the phone. Otis tries to rush Dolph but he’s held back by officials.
- Ziggler asks if Otis wants a fight, he’ll do it with the world watching and Mandy in his corner at WrestleMania
- Elias sings a song for King Corbin called “Kingdom of Fools.”
- After his song is finished, King Corbin jumps Elias and tosses him off the platform that he was performing on. Officials rush to Elias to get him aid.
Asuka vs Alexa Bliss (with Nikki Cross)
- Nikki is on commentary
- Bliss pins Asuka after a DDT
Roman Reigns vs Triple H – WWE Championship Match
- This is a replay of their match from WrestleMania 32 in 2016
- Reigns wins via pinfall after a Spear
Triple H Interview
- Triple H hypes up both Roman Reigns and Goldberg. He says that Goldberg’s intensity burns bright but not for long. Roman’s intensity builds as the match goes on, so if he can withstand the initial onslaught of Goldberg, Roman will win
New Day Promo
- Kofi and Big E says that whenever they go into battle with The Usos it’s a classic. But they’ll be the ones who win tonight and move on to WrestleMania.
- Dolph is talking to Sonya backstage when Mandy approaches them and asks to speak to him alone. She asks if Dolph needed to rub it in his face and says she doesn’t want to be a prize or anything like that. Dolph assures her and they leave.
Firefly Fun House
- Bray is seen looking at a photo of him losing to Cena at WrestleMania 30. He hears something from the lantern and says that he had a chance against Cena, but “The Fiend” will defeat him. Abby the Witch asks if he found the secret formula to defeat him. Bray says he does.
- He creates a concoction filled with depression, self-loathing and regret (along with hot sauce) before Ramblin’ Rabbit offers a carrot so he can “see” John Cena. Bray instead takes Ramblin’ Rabbit and stuffs him in the blender and creates his mix. He drinks it and says that he has an idea and challenges Cena to come to the Fun House and have their match there.
The New Day vs The Usos
- Miz and John Morrison are on commentary
- Referee tosses match out when Miz and Morrison take out both teams.
- Michael Cole gets on the mic and says that Miz and Morrison will take on both teams at WrestleMania in a ladder match